About Me

Hi! I'm Becca Fitzpatrick, the author of the internationally bestselling HUSH, HUSH saga. When not writing, I'm most likely running, prowling sale racks for shoes (stilettos, please!), or enjoying one of life's many little indulgences: Ice cream, Veronica Mars, losing myself in a book, painting my toenails, or simply daydreaming. I do my best to update this blog as frequently as possible with news on upcoming events, tips for writers, and all things pertaining to my books.

15 July 2011

A Few Silence Updates

Happy Friday, everyone!

If you've been wondering why I've been so quiet, it's because I spent the past week vacationing in Rhode Island with my family. It was relaxing to get away for several days, hang out at the beach, get a (faint!) tan, bump into Conan O'Brien on a sleepy side street in Watch Hill, and I even got to watch my brother-in-law compete in an Ironman. Very cool! Of course, now I feel like a total wimp for only doing a sprint triathlon...

Speaking of which, my triathlon is next weekend. Yikes! Wish me luck!

I have a few SILENCE updates I want to share with you. First, for my UK readers: I saw the UK SILENCE book trailer this morning and it is so, so awesome. Even my two little boys were impressed. My UK publisher hopes to release the book trailer soon and I'll be sure to blog about it once it goes live.

Second, I'll be spending this weekend signing a few (2,300 to be exact) copies of SILENCE. Actually, that's not quite accurate. I'll be signing title pages of SILENCE, which will get bound into final copies of SILENCE during the printing process. See images below. Incredible how they can do that, right? I have 3,000 more title pages arriving from the UK any day now. Yes, my hand is going to get a proper workout! These signed books will be special editions available from select bookstores in both the US and UK. Once I have more info about that, I'll be sure to share as well.



Finally, I've just heard that a male actor will be reading the prologue of SILENCE - this is the first book that will have two narrators: Caitlin Greer will be reading the majority of the story from Nora's point of view (Caitlin read both HUSH, HUSH and CRESCENDO) but this time around, there will be a man reading the opening pages. I'd tell you which actor and which character, but I'm sworn to secrecy!!

Have a great weekend and more to come soon!

-Becca

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh I just can't wait for Silence to come out! I'm pregnant right now and I need more books to read!

Kayla said...

I think it is so cool that your family is from Rhode Island. I'm from Rhode Island also and it is very rare to find people from there once you're out of New England. Can't wait for the books to come out!!!

Victoria said...

Thanks for the updates. Glad you had a nice family vacation. Hopefully it has helped you rest up to do all those page signings ;).

Jaskirat@SeeitORreadit said...

Hi cool post and we missed you! Hope you had a great trip! Anyway we're glad your back! I have created a blog called : http://seeitorreadit.blogspot.com/

I was wondering if I could interview you for it. Please reply! or send me an email at jazzysahi@gmail.com
Thanks ;)

Milu said...

Good luck on the triathlon! That's a great experience. Also, I can't wait to read Silence. The Hush Hush saga is one of my favorites

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for Silence!!! I still can't believe there are no ARC's!!!!! this has me very frusteratred

hushhushbigestfan said...

Good luck on the triatholone

hushhushbigestfan said...

Hey Becca, i have a blog dedicated to your books because i had a project for school. Well, that and your books are the awesomest things ever! We got to choose the book, i chose yours!
i was wondering if i could interviw you for it. I e
would greatly apreciate this if you could
You can reach me at:
melina.kingsley39@gmail.com
or
on skype @: pokegirlmell (melina kingsley)

Unknown said...

That is way awesome on your Triathlon! Good Luck!! I would be able to do the Swimming part and maybe the biking part. LOL!! Second that is way awesome about having two narrators for the audio book! I have the first two in Hardcovers and on audio book. What can I say I am a big fan!! Third that is awesome about having a signed copy!

hushhushbigestfan said...

Omg! Lol! Is that a scooby doo book near the signed copy?!?!?!!!?!?!?!!! Lol

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I hope I manage to get my hands on a UK signed edition. I live in the middle of knowehere when it comes to bookshops, so I'm guessing it could be a challenge! :)

Quinn. said...

OMG. Hope I can get a copy of that. But I'm from the Philippines though
:(